Thursday, December 12, 2013

Say CHEESE!

Well it's been forever since I last blogged.  Really, at this point, if that is surprising to you it's your own fault!  :)  I don't blog as often as i'd like, but I pick and choose what I do in the day and most of the time that involves running around, and a lot of playing with my cute boy!  :)  

Braden went to the dentist for his first time on Monday 12/9/13.  I didn't really know what to expect with him so I just tried to not expect anything!  He did AWESOME!  We went to a place called Adventure Dental and I have only good things to say about them!  First of all, the office is adorable.  They have a little room with bean bag chairs and a movie that kind of looks like a house, they have a train up high on a ledge, and it's just all around adorable.  
The lady called his name and he went back and Braden was just perfect as can be.  The lady had him stand on a step stool and had him brush his teeth, and then had him do the pink wash thing, and then she showed him how to brush his teeth.  Braden was so cute the whole time and listened intently (as much as a 2 year old can!) and said ya, and uh-huh at all the right moments.  :)  (OK, I can tell i'm going overboard here.  But I love this little boy!)
 Getting his cape on to get a picture of his teeth.  He wasn't scared at all.  
*Side note:  He is in his jammies with crazy hair.  He normally sleeps until 9:30 every morning and I had to schedule it at 8:30 so I could get to work in time still.  I let him sleep until the last possible second so he wouldn't be grumpy.  It worked like a charm.

 Helping the lady by holding this on his teeth.  

 Laying in the chair.  There was a TV on the ceiling.
  Trying to document.
Well, it turned out he DID have a cavity.  (I was pretty sure he did because he had a little spot on his back molar which is why we went to the dentist in the first place.)  The dentist said he had a really deep groove on that tooth and that he wasn't surprised he had a cavity there.  He said his other teeth look fine so hopefully that will be his first and last cavity.  I seriously brush this kids teeth like crazy and am so weird about him not drinking anything but milk and water for the most part so I was a little disappointed that he had a cavity.  But luckily I thought he had one beforehand so I had plenty of time to get past my thinking i'm a horrible mother phase.  :)
 Wednesday January 12, 2013.  
Coming back to get his cavity filled.  
(Notice the cute house window. The movie room is right there to the left.)
 Braden loved this little snowman.  Such a cheese ball.  
They took him back and got him situated with a movie.  (Headphones for sound, and cool sunglasses to block the overhead light.)
A little laughing gas to make sure it wasn't a traumatic experience.
 Braden did SO good.  He laid there the whole time and didn't seem scared at all.  I am SO glad.  They gave him a balloon animal when we left and he even got to keep his nose thing.  Pretty sure it was a blast for him.  I was so nervous about it but so glad we went to a fantastic dentist office!

That day we met up with Jo Nel and Dallin and went to the Outlets at Traverse Mountain.  I am not big into name brands (bargain shopper) so I didn't buy anything but it was fun (mostly freezing) to walk around.  They had the cutest little Santa set up and the kids could even write a letter to Santa. Braden thought it was the best thing ever and of course told Santa that he wanted a Race Car again.

 Putting the letter into Santa's mailbox.


We are really getting excited for Christmas.  It is so much fun with Braden right now because he is starting to actually understand what is going on a little better.  He is so excited every time he sees Santa, and loves to sing Jingle Bells!  Until next time!...

2 comments: